Amazing Mother and Daughter Quotes

The relationship shared between a mother and daughter is truly one of the most beautiful bonds. Your mother will be the one who will visit you during night to check on you just to see if you are all right, just because of a nightmare she saw. She teaches you how to pass on the joys of the family, of  relationships, and above all, how to become a women.

Those lessons she learned from trial and errors in their lives, ending up as teachings to their daughters. Even when you and your mother are miles apart, you may feel there is a telepathy between you two that allow you to access her emotions. The reason might be the daughter desires to become her mother and the mother sees herself in her daughter. However, they barely see that they are the mirror images of each other. In this article, ddquotes.com would love to offer the collection of beautiful quotes, mother to daughter quotes, quotes about mothers and daughters, mother quotes from daughters.

Quotes about mothers and daughters

“My mother wanted me to be her wings, to fly as she never quite had the courage to do. I love her for that. I love the fact that she wanted to give birth to her own wings.”

Erica Jong

>> 100 about mother daughter quotes and daughters

“I am all the time talking about you, and bragging, to one person or another. I am like the Ancient Mariner, who had a tale in his heart he must unfold to all. I am always buttonholing somebody and saying, “Someday you must meet my mother.”

Edna St. Vincent Millay


“Momma was home. She was the most totally human, human being that I have ever known, and so very beautiful. Within our home, she was an abundance of love, discipline, fun, affection, strength, tenderness, encouragement, understanding, inspiration, support.”
Leontyne Price


“When we weren’t scratching each other’s eyes out, we were making each other laugh harder than anyone else could.”

Lucie Arnaz, daughter of Lucille Ball


“I still hear you humming, Mama. The colour of your song calls me home. The colour of your words saying, Let her be. She got a right to be different. She gonna stumble on herself one of these days. Just let the child be. And I be, Mama.” – Sonia Sanchez

“A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.”
Dorothy Canfield


“Who ran to help me when I fell, Or kissed the place to make it well? My mother.”
Ann Taylor


“Mother: the most beautiful word on the lips of mankind.”
Kahlil Gibran

 >> Read more: 10 Favorite Quotes for International womens day quotes

“A daughter is a mother’s gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self. And mothers are their daughters’ role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships.”

Victoria Secunda


“The essential thing about mothers is that one needs to know that they are there, particularly at that age when, paradoxically, one is trying so hard to break away from parental influence.”

Margot Fonteyn


Mother quotes from Daughter

“She’s my teacher, my advisor, my greatest inspiration.”



– Whitney Houston.

“God intended motherhood to be a relay race. Each generation would pass the baton on to the next. “

– Mary Pride.

“The first lesson every child of Athena learned: Mom was the best at everything, and you should never, ever suggest otherwise.”

   ― Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena

“All I know is that I carried you for nine months. I fed you, I clothed you, I paid for your college education. Friending me on Facebook seems like a small thing to ask in return.”

― Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

“The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life […] the stronger the daughter.”

― Anita Diamant, The Red Tent

A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.

-Princess Diana

When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.

-Charley Benetto

Mother quotes to Daughter

>> Read more: best quotes happy and life 

“Some women pray for their daughters to marry good husbands. I pray that my girls will find girlfriends half as loyal and true as the Ya-Yas.”

― Rebecca Wells, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

To my dearest daughter, as you grow older I want you to fly out like a free bird. Go forth and pursue all your dreams. Live life to the fullest and make sure that your happiness is second to none. And while you are at it, just remember that every time you need a hug or a place to call your own, I’m always here.

Love you.

Anonymous

Your grandpa always told me to be honest and true. I am glad I did, because karma blessed me with a lovely daughter like you. I love you.

Anonymous

What the daughter does, the mother did.

~Jewish Proverb

My daughter… you are the answer to every time I looked up at the skies and asked for a miracle.

Anonymous

I have the most beautiful daughter in the world and I’m grateful for her.

Bethenny Frankel

I have priorities. Maintaining my daughter is my first.

Whitney Houston

My daughter is the biggest gift; I’ve said it so many times and it sounds like a cliche, but the thing about being a parent is when you think you’ve cracked it, and you’re on top of your game, they change again and you have to catch up and adjust. I feel such a responsibility to instill good values in her, to be polite, to have discipline.

Geri Halliwell

0 nhận xét: